The Well is a thriving community of 800 members, nine staff and 15 volunteers. Through our unique way of working, we're helping lots of people turn their lives around. Join us and be part of a supportive, friendly community – a warm welcome is waiting for you at The Well.
Become a member
If you or a family member need help to overcome drug or alcohol addiction, then contact us today. At the moment we provide services through our sites in Barrow, Kendal, Morecambe, Lancaster or Fleetwood. If these locations are out of your reach, we’ll direct you to other services in your area. For an informal chat, get in touch.
What's in it for you?
- Get effective support that brings long-term results
- Stay in your home while getting support
- No need to go through other agencies – contact us direct
- Become part of a friendly, non-judgemental community
- Use our services for as long as you want
- Take part in social and sports activities for free
- Get support for your family
- Get help with health, housing and finding a job
You can achieve long-term recovery like lots of our members have.
Help others while learning new skills – join us as a volunteer.
Become a volunteer
At The Well we’re fortunate to have a team of dedicated volunteers who provide mentoring support to members. But we need more of you. If you’re interested in giving some of your time to help others, then we’d love to hear from you. In return we’ll give you training and any support you need to gain qualifications in areas such as counselling, mentoring or coaching.
Each year, we honour our top volunteers through our recognition programme. Could you be the next one to win?
What's in it for you?
- Build your self esteem by helping people in real need
- Gain experience for a career in criminal justice or social work
- Contribute to your community by supporting the people in it
- Gain organisational, teamwork and mentoring skills
- Get involved in social activities and outdoor pursuits
- Be part of a dynamic, innovative organisation
Come and work for us
The Well is a great place to work. We have a team of people who are passionate, skilled and love what they do. We value everyone who works for us and we encourage them to pursue their personal and professional development goals.
Current job opportunities will be advertised on our Job Vacancies page.